The Agribusiness Management major is designed to meet the needs of students who are interested in careers with agricultural input supply, agricultural production, commodity assembly and processing, and agricultural marketing organizations.
The main objective of this program is to develop and build-up manpower with practical knowledge and skills to expand small and medium agribusiness enterprises and improve the productivity of agribusiness value chains in agricultural industry.
At the end of the program the students should be able to:
• Demonstrate the importance of agribusiness in the national economy with particular importance to its contribution to agricultural enterprise development among rural communities.
• Apply the acquired knowledge and practical skills to up-scale agribusiness management, farmer producer organizations and groups, agribusiness supply chain management and improve agribusiness marketing of processed commodities and small business enterprise development.
• Make use of the skills acquired to participate in agribusiness systems from agricultural input suppliers, agricultural production, commodity processing, agribusiness marketing and consumption of food products.
• Be involved in various aspects of agribusiness management and Enterprise Development.
• Agriculture, being the main sector of Uganda’s economy, supports to the total Gross Domestic Product of the Country
· Initiate, organize and manage agribusiness projects efficiently
· Effectively communicate and administer agribusiness units.
- Teacher: Kasfar Ategeka